Attic & Crawl Space Mold Remediation
IT'S MUCH EASIER TO PREVENT THAN FIX!!
Foul odors or persistent respiratory symptoms? Perhaps, you’ve already spotted visible evidence of mold in your home. Some may try to tackle it on their own, but it’s best to call in the mold remediation professionals. We’ll take a look at your damp and dark crawl spaces and attics and confirm if your mold suspicions are true.
As expert attic and crawl space cleaning professionals, our contractors can easily identify the issues lurking in your home and stop the mold from getting worse.
Plus, Get a Free Inspection in 48 Hours!
Spotting the First Signs of Mold
Most homeowners don’t visit their crawl space or attic very often, but sometimes the first signs aren’t even visible:
- Poor indoor air quality
- Musty odors
- Wet, damaged insulation
- Broken plumbing pipes
- Cable/wiring issues
- Buckled or warped floorboards
- High energy bills
- Headaches, chronic allergies and asthma symptoms
Our Key Mold Concerns
Black mold is considered highly toxic, forming in damp or moist areas and feeding on organic materials such as wood, drywall, carpet and insulation.
Health concerns: Also called Stachybotrys, when exposed to humans, it can cause difficulty breathing, fatigue, allergies, persistent coughs, nose bleeds, headaches, and even neurological issues in children, and pulmonary bleeding in infants.
White mold is also very common in attics and crawl spaces. Looking similar to mildew, it’s a fungus that thrives in moist environments, just like black mold.
Health concerns: White mold can cause issues such as eye irritation, headaches, dizziness, and respiratory concerns. When a mold infestation becomes larger than three square feet or is difficult to clean, you should contact a professional for mold remediation.
What’s Causing Mold to Grow?
Mold loves to grow in your home’s attic and crawl spaces, but what brought the mold in the first place? The short answer: darkness and the presence of moisture in the environment.
The consistent rain and humidity found in Seattle is the ideal breeding ground for mold-growth in your attic and crawl space.
Mold Growth in the Attic
- A leaky roof brings in unwanted moisture, leading to attic condensation mold and eventually to serious problems requiring heavy-duty mold remediation.
- Inadequate insulation around the fixtures in your ceiling allows warm air to rise into the attic, leading to excess moisture.
- Roof sheathing mold can also become a problem due to moisture from interior issues like exhaust fans, or exterior issues such as attic roof leaks.
Mold Growth in the Crawl Space
- Standing water from flooding, drainage or plumbing issues should be remedied immediately to start removing water, dry out the area and remove any wet insulation or drywall.
- Ground moisture from wet soil or dirt evaporates from the ground easing the potential for mold growth. Attic Projects can install a new vapor barrier across the soil and lower walls to keep your crawl space dry.
Don’t Wait for Mold to Get Worse
If you suspect mold growth in your attic or crawl space, it’s important to be proactive. Over time, mold left unchecked will continue to grow as spores reproduce and eventually spread, creating a bigger, more expensive mold remediation project for professionals later on.
A mold infestation is not only unsafe for your family’s health, but it can also result in damages and costly repairs to your home.
Fixing the Source of Mold in Your Home
Our Mold Remediation Process
- Pinpoint the Mold. We’ll scour the hidden areas of your crawl space and attic, looking behind the walls, drywall, insulation, and floorboards to find the extent of your mold issue.
- Discard Moldy and Contaminated Debris. For drywall, insulation and other materials too far gone to clean, we’ll carefully dispose of the material while wearing the necessary safety gear.
- Dry Out the Area. Next, we’ll use dehumidifiers and other high-grade fan systems to eliminate the humidity and moisture that’s allowing the mold to grow in the first place. We’ll make sure to remove any standing water from leaks or flooding.
- Seal the Room. Mold spores spread through the air. Before we get to work, we’ll use plastic sheets and tape to seal off vents and other passageways to prevent the spread of toxic mold to other areas of your home.
- Apply Commercial Grade Cleaners. After a thorough cleaning and sanitation, Attic Projects will apply a fungicide product on the remaining materials. We’ll remove any airborne mold spores, then treat contaminated areas with a professional-grade mold remover.
- Add Ventilation. We’ll inspect the HVAC system and check for any leaks, making sure roof vents are unblocked and the attic is properly sealed. We’ll ensure vent fans and dryer vents are ducted outside, and that the attic roof is ventilated. Attic Projects can also add insulation to eliminate further air leakage.
Why Choose Us?
If you suspect mold in your home’s attic or crawl space, contact a professional mold removal and remediation service with experience tackling mold before it gets out of hand.
- FREE consultation and project estimate.
- Highly skilled team with top-of-the-line equipment.
- Most competitive rates in Seattle.
- 100% 5-Star Google ratings
- AMAZING customer service and guarantee satisfaction.
- All our employees are W-2 and never subcontracted out. We do all work A to Z - in house, every time!
We take pride in keeping the best team of experts in attic and crawl space mold removal and prevention. Our professional and experienced mold removal specialists can help locate and eliminate your mold problem, providing you with the peace of mind you need.
Contact Us For a FREE Estimate
Fill out the form below to hear from one of our mold specialists!
ROC License #1035247
100% Privacy Guaranteed