Does My Crawl Space Need Insulation?
Most homeowners know how necessary insulation is for their home. However, many people are not as informed about the importance of insulation in the crawl space. After all, it is the place in your house you are most likely to forget. Installing adequate insulation in your crawl space offers a host of benefits that can make any homeowner’s life easier as well as save them a lot of money.
Some common signs it might be time to invest in crawl space insulation installation include:
- Fluctuating indoor temperatures
- Higher than average heating and cooling bills
- Animal infestations (pest, rats, mice, raccoons, bats)
- Damp or moldy insulation
- Indoor drafts
Benefits of Crawl Space Insulation
In addition to having the rest of your home properly insulated, many advantages come along with crawl space insulation. Some of the more common benefits include:
Energy and Cost Savings:
When the insulation in your crawl space is compromised or lacking, it can cause your HVAC unit to work much harder than it should, resulting in higher heating and cooling bills. After an effective crawl space insulation installation, you can expect lowered energy costs.
Improved Air Quality:
Insulating your crawl space will have an immediate positive effect on the air quality within your home. Clean insulation helps keep odors and dangerous toxins out of your home.
If your crawl space is lacking adequate insulation, it can cause cold floors and drafts; both are uncomfortable and unnecessary. There is nothing worse than cold floors and drafts in the wintertime.
Types of Crawl Space Insulation
After deciding to insulate your crawl space, you must then choose what type of crawl space insulation fits your home best. Don’t worry, our professionals at Attic Projects will help you to decide.
The type of insulation you ultimately choose largely depends on your home’s specific needs. Fortunately, at Attic Projects, we only work with top-quality products when completing our crawl space insulation installation. Listed below are the most common types of crawl space insulations that we use.
- Batt and Roll: Batt and Roll is a type of crawl space insulation, also known as “blanket insulation.” It looks a lot like cotton candy and is spread out flat to fit through beams, joists, and studs. Though it is not as effective as blown-in/loose-fill insulation (in certain situations), it is a cost-effective solution that helps to slow down heat or cold from transferring into your home. If properly maintained, this type of insulation can last for years.
- Foam Board: Many homeowners choose foam board crawl space insulation because it is air-tight and does not absorb moisture. It is also resistant to mold. Foam board insulation is also very affordable and effective.
Crawl Space Insulation Installation
Our team of crawl space insulation experts understands that insulation is only as strong as its weakest points. Thus, we effectively target the most vulnerable areas of your crawl space to ensure there are no weaknesses within your insulation. During installation, we guarantee your floors, walls, and rim joists are adequately insulated and sealed.
Let Attic Projects improve the quality of your home by keeping the moisture, pests, and air drafts out while keeping the cool air and heat inside.
Contact Us or Give Our Crawl Space Insulation Installation Experts a Call at 425-516-1055 to Get Your Custom Quote Today. We Offer the Best Services and Prices in Seattle.
Contact Us For a FREE Estimate
Fill out the form below to hear from one of our attic insulation specialists!
ROC License #1035247
100% Privacy Guaranteed
Get An Instant Rebate!
Claim Your Energy Savings Now!
Save Up To $600!
Get up to $600 instantly with our energy savings rebate program!